FAQ: Unsupported or unknown Informix version
This error message will appear when using SQL-Retriever ODBC in a defined number of circumstances. Two files
are relevant: infsqld.conf (usually in /usr/local/vision/etc) and the *-cr file (SE-cr for Standard Engine and OnLine-cr for OnLine. They are in INFORMIXHOME/etc).
The causes are:
- INFORMIXDIR (or possibly SQLEXEC if relevant) variable is not set or not
- The machine is out of memory to store the return string/variable.
- The file infsqld.conf does not exist or cannot be accessed
- The file SE-cr or OnLine-cr (in INFORMIXHOME/etc) is not of the required
- The major and minor Informix version numbers in the *-cr file are incompatible.
Last modified: Wednesday, 22-Mar-2017 15:52:33 GMT